About the Foundation
The University of Tartu Foundation was founded on 7 July 1997 by the University of Tartu.
The main objective of the University of Tartu Foundation is to support the research and educational activity and the studies of people related to the university by creating scholarships and awards and mediating contributions.
The activity of the foundation is first and foremost determined by the interests of the university and the contributors.
To support the students in continuing their education, recognise the students, lecturers and researchers worthy of recognition and build the strong academic legacy of the researchers of the University of Tartu, we do everything we can to use the money and the assets received as contributions economically and reasonably.
What do we do
- We collect donations both at home and abroad for the University of Tartu and activities related to the university.
- We mediate dedicated contributions to the projects related to the university.
- We finance research programmes.
- We organise the investment of reserves and scholarship capital and the management of investment portfolios.
- We use the money and the assets received as contributions economically and reasonably, taking into account other objectives of the foundation and the development and activity plan of the University of Tartu.
See on-going scholarship competitionsSee funds
4 000 000+
more than 4 million euros donations
funds and scholarships
1 600 000€
supported students and researchers