The 2017 Jaan Einasto International Scholarship
The 2017 Jaan Einasto International Scholarship was awarded to Taavi Tuvi.
One scholarships in the amount of 2000 euros have been announced.
Those eligible to apply include doctoral students or young researchers (up to 40 years old, inclusive) from foreign universities who are coming to perform research at the University of Tartu or at the Tartu Observatory, as well as PhD students or researchers from the University of Tartu or from the Tartu Observatory who are transferring to a foreign university and whose research is related to astronomy or space technology.
In order to apply for the scholarship, you must submit the following to the UT Foundation:
- an electronic application form containing an overview of academic and social activities, a recommendation from a supervisor, a budget for the planned research, the sources and amounts of co-financing;
- an overview of the planned scientific or research study (add to the electronic application);
- an overview of the planned activity popularizing science (add to the electronic application);
- a recommendation from the faculty dean or institution's director (a recommendation is a part of the electronic application);
- for UT doctoral students and researchers, a confirmation from the host university or institution about starting the studies or research (add to the electronic application).
The scholarship is determined on the basis of the applicant’s success in the field, the substantiality and innovation of the research, and the planned purpose for the scholarship.
The deadline for submission of applications is 1 June 2017.
More information: email@example.com, tel. +372 737 5852 or +372 5657 1221 (Katrin Pärn)
Results will be announced at the beginning of June.